We had an unusual Sunday morning. Since we have one car and we had two different plans, K took the car while I waited for a ride to practice a gym routine with a friend. I cleaned a little bit. Then I decided to do one of my first outdoor runs. Im sort of training for a half-marathon again. I was hit with a calf muscle injury about three weeks ago. Usually I work through the pain, but this time I realized I needed to listen to what my body was telling me. I was happy that I stopped running. I kept going to classes. I felt my calf heal little by little. And today it was so worth it. I ran a few miles outside which says a lot...1) it's sunny 2) outdoor running is much more difficult 3) I'm running in a new neighborhood. It was really exhilarating. I got back just in time to go to the gym and practice the new Turbo routine with an instructor...and then came home and walked Dolly outside. I could barely stand how beautiful it was. I knew I couldn't spend all of the time inside today. So i've been outside for a good amount of time today.
I saw really beautiful signs of spring and was really thankful. Tomorrow it's supposed to be really really nice. It's supposed to be something like 60 degrees outside tomorrow. Yeah!
Hmm. Also managed to learn a lot about sugar alternatives this week. The reason people get addicted to sugar is the harmful effects it has on your blood sugar...it raises it and then it drops. So, i'm learning about agave nectar. I'm loving it. I don't eat it very often, but once a week I bake a gluten free, refined free banana bread. I freeze most of the slices and eat them when I'm wanting a little extra during the week. I also made some 'chocolate' chip cookies with grain sweetened chocolate...oatmeal and gluten free flours. I feel like the decisions I've been making have definitely made me feel better. My energy is returning to me. I don't feel so bloated or just blah.
Here's to a new week!
2 comments:
who knew outdoor running was so hard? ran outside last summer, fine. treadmill running the winter, fine. ran outside once last week. died.
Outdoor running is a beast. A beast I tell you. Everyone's like if you run on a treadmill increase the incline to 1 so it's like outdoor running. Yeah right. I want to run on the plain flat ground on the treadmill :)
Post a Comment